Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mammoth Trip: Day 8 , Oct 9th - Fish Crowley, Head Home

Everyone left, so i went to Crowley north end by myself with the float tube. Kicked out to some other boats to midge, they were getting a fish maybe every 15 min, I finally got 1 bump after about 30 min. Some strippers came through and got 3 or 4 hits right next to me near the shore on Green Banks, so I decdided to start stripping. I had a black wooly bugger with green punk perch trailer. I finally got hit hard right off the little point, Gary's point, pretty close to the shore. It was a feisty 18" rainbow, pullin hard, and I pulled a little too hard back, and he came unbuttoned. I put it back down, and caught another little 12 rainbow 20 minutes later. As I was leaving around 12, some guy said he just caught a 24" rainbow in front of the trucks on a Loeberg. I think that's the spot!

I drove home, pretty uneventful, I think 4:34 moving time, and 17 min stopped time.

Sad to leave!

No comments: