Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mammoth Trip: Day 1 , Oct 2nd - Drive Over and then some...

Drove from Danville to Mammoth.

Stopped at Olmstead point in Yosemite to check out the view. Dark clouds were in the east, but the west was more clear.

Stopped quickly at Tenaya Lake to check it out, and moved onwards.

Took a detour up the road to Saddlebag lake. There is a nice creek along the road up to the lake, several people were fishing. Looks like it could be pretty fun. Further up the road it opens up a bit to some nice views of some mountains.

Finally came up to the lake, it had an interesting wooden dam. The shore surrounding the lake was a bit barren, not too many trees. I heard they offer a shuttle across the lake. I stayed for about 5 min, then took off back down the hill while it started to rain.

Came down Tioga Pass and decided to drive the June Lake Loop. Fall colors were starting to show around Parker Lake. Grant lake was pretty dreary, a few boats trolling. My wiper blade on my truck busted in front of Silver Lake Resort so I had to zip tie it back on. I continued on around the loop and eventually came out and continued onto Mammoth.

I drove right up to Lake Mary and fished at the point near the outlet with a Wooly Bugger for about 45 min for no fish. I drove up to George to take some pictures, and talked to some bear conservation guy and saw a big female bear.

Headed back to the condo and called it a day.

Pictures can be found on flickr for most these events.

No comments: